Mission & Beliefs
Lighthouse Preparatory Academy’s mission is to strengthen families by partnering with parents to develop witnesses for Christ through academic excellence and character development.
What We Believe
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the only inspired, infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:15; 2 Peter 1:21)
- We believe there is only one God, eternally existent in three persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19, John 10:30)
- We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:33), His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35); His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15; 7:26); His miracles (John 2:11); His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9); His resurrection (John 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:4); His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19); His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11).
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature, and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone we are saved. It is not something we earn or deserve. It is offered in grace and received by faith in Jesus Christ alone. (John 3:16, 5:24; Romans 3:23, 5:8-9; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5).
- We believe the Biblical definition of marriage as the covenant relationship between one naturally-born man and one naturally-born woman. (Genesis 2:23-24)
Statement on Gender and Sexuality
- We believe that all people must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. It will always be our intent as a school to reflect these qualities. Any behavior or attitudes not displaying these qualities should be repudiated, as they are not in accord with scripture or the Spirit of Christ. (John 13:35)
- We believe that God wonderfully and immutably created each person as distinctly male or female (Gen. 1:26-31, 2:18-25, 5:1, 2). These two distinct and divinely representative genders together reflect the image and nature of God. We believe that the fullest, most rewarding experience of life includes the acceptance of a person’s God-given biological gender. The rejection of one’s biological gender diminishes the reflection of the image of God within a person.
- We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. Any form of sexual intimacy outside of such marriage is hurtful to God’s heart and harmful to the spiritual health of those involved (1 Cor. 6:15-7:6, Eph. 5:3-7). Such activities include, but are not limited to adultery, fornication, homosexual conduct, and pornography.
- We believe that God offers redemption, transformation, and restoration to all who see Him through Jesus
Christ (1 Cor. 6:11).
These statements are based on essential Christian beliefs that we strongly support as the primary doctrine for teaching. Lighthouse Preparatory Academy does not promote or endorse any particular denomination. It is our desire to maintain this position for the purpose of unity and fairness to each student. Other doctrinal issues upon which this ministry has no official stance will be considered secondary doctrine and will not be taught. In the event secondary doctrine is brought up, students will be referred back to the family and church for final authority. We desire to remain united in the salvation and love of Christ, avoiding any dissension that may be caused by denominational distinctives.
Lighthouse Preparatory Academy bases its educational philosophy on three main components: (1) adhering to a Biblical foundation, (2) preparing each student for life, and (3) emphasizing the parents’ role.
(1) A Biblical Foundation: Our first and most important aim at Lighthouse Preparatory Academy is to love and glorify God in a ll that we do (I Cor. 10:31, I Pet. 4:11). All education is inescapably Christian in that all truth is God’s truth. The Bible, as the infallible, inerrant, and inspired Word of God, is the foundation and guide for all knowledge and is basic to all elements of education. Because God created, sustains, and will consummate all things through His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, the universe and all life are dynamically related to Him and have the purpose of glorifying Him. This purpose is fundamental to Christian education and will permeate every aspect of our goals and objectives, our teaching methods, and our curriculum. All representatives of the school will strive to demonstrate and teach values, character, and Christ-likeness as well as academic information.
(2) Preparing Each Student for Life: The primary goal of all Christian education is to prepare each student to glorify and honor God in all that he does. We seek to fulfill this goal by the following:
- Training and encouraging students to become committed disciples of Christ
- Supporting the family as the primary social and educational unit instituted by God
- Promoting personal responsibility for academic excellence and a strong work ethic
- Integrating home and school for the development of life skills and strong Christian character in balance with academics and extra-curricular activities.
Students will be encouraged to assume personal responsibility for learning as part of the maturation process. We expect Lighthouse Preparatory Academy students to be prepared for pursuing any chosen profession, through rigorous academic instruction and discipline, and to be committed to a lifetime of learning and service to their families, their churches, and their communities through an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ.
(3) The Role of Parents: We recognize that parents are commanded to rear their children for God’s glory by bringing them up in the nurture and discipline of the Lord (Deut. 6; Eph. 6:4). The home, therefore, is to be a place of training and teaching one’s own children as is seen from God’s command. Parents are God’s first plan, His single most effective agents for spreading the Gospel to children and discipling young believers. The vast majority of Christians come to a faith in Christ when they are children, under the influence of their parents; furthermore, the successful sharing of a parent’s faith and values is best facilitated when actively involved parents take the time, make the opportunity, and employ the tools needed for developing close, loving, and nurturing relationships with their children.
A Christian, University-Model School® exists to assist parents with the modern-day difficulties of preparing their children for college while also recognizing and supporting the parents’ unique role in communicating their faith and values. For parents to succeed in their all-important task of discipleship, it is essential for families to experience meaningful time together. Traditional school systems, by their very structure, tend to rob parents and students of this most precious commodity. UMS® gives time and access back to parents in exchange for their commitment to be academically and relationally involved with their students outside of class according to the college preparatory, curriculum design. Such involvement, when lovingly and joyfully administered, leads to greater opportunity for parents to succeed in teaching their most important subjects: faith, hope, and love. This good-faith partnership between parents and teachers makes home and school integration for a family-strengthening, quality education both possible and practical.